These spicy shrimp and avocado bites get gobbled up in minutes every time I make them so you might want to double, triple, or quadruple the recipe! Don't say I didn't warn you.
*This post may contain affiliate links. See disclosure for further details.
I have been making these for years and am just finally getting around to posting the recipe because, well, I'm an idiot. No seriously, that's the reason. Recently, somebody saw these on my Instagram account and asked if the recipe was on my site. Here's how the convo went:
"These look delicious! Is the recipe on the site?"
"Well, they're just so easy to make, I don't really think of it as a recipe."
"Great! That makes me want to make them even more!"
"Oh, okay. Wow, I'm an idiot!"
So anyway, me being an idiot aside, these little guys are delicious and EASY af. Which, it turns out, is a positive thing.
I hope you guys love these bites as much as I do!
You might also like
Spicy Shrimp and Smashed Avocado Bites
For the shrimp
- 20 Large raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 Tablespoons chili paste such as Sambal Oelek
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Cloves garlic minced
- Squeeze of lime
- 20 Rice crackers
- 2 Avocados smashed
- 2 Scallions green part only, thinly sliced
- Juice of one lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds
- Toss the shrimp with the chili paste. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for one minute. Add the shrimp and cook until just opaque. Finish with a squeeze of lime and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, mix the avocado, lime and scallion in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the avocado mixture on each of the crackers and top with one shrimp. Garnish with sesame seeds and more scallion.
Leave a Reply