Isn't it the best when you find a recipe that's just as healthy as it is delicious? Yep, that's my fave. Sometimes I feel like I have to treat myself like a child and sneak as many veggies into my diet as I can. Don't get me wrong, I love vegetables. I love them. Buuuuut... I also love pasta and burgers and pizza—you get it—so, I always like to add vegetables in wherever I can!
*This post may contain affiliate links. See disclosure for further details.
These zucchini fritters are great because they're crispy on the outside but, because of the jalapeños, scallions and basil, they're still very light and fresh tasting at the same time. Eaten with the zesty sauce, they are perfect for a light lunch, dinner or add some eggs and you've got a hearty breakfast.
I'm telling you, you're going to love them!
You might also like
Spicy Jalapeño Zucchini Fritters
For the fritters
- 3 medium zucchini grated
- 1 jalapeño chopped
- ¼ Cup fresh basil chopped
- ¼ Cup scallions chopped
- 1 Large egg
- ½ Cup all purpose flour
- ½ Teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ Teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable oil
For the sauce
- 2 Tablespoons vegenaise
- 2 Teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ jalapeño diced
- ¼ Cup fresh basil chiffonade
- With a box grater, grate the zucchini using the largest size. Place the grated zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with salt to draw out moisture and aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients for the fritters to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat enough vegetable oil to generously cover the bottom of a large pan over medium high heat. When the pan gets hot, add a spoonful of the zucchini mixture and press down with the back of the spoon to form a disk shape. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Cook each fritter for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown then transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain the excess oil.
- Top fritters with the sauce and enjoy!
This looks awesome! Great blog!