Tomato season is here! Woohoooo!! So, let’s just tomato everything. In the mood for toast? Let’s tomato it. This might be the simplest, non-recipe in the world BUT, since summer tomatoes are so important, I figured it needed it’s own post. So, here you go: Summer Tomato Toasts!
I always make sure to grab a few different colored tomatoes for these toasts purely for aesthetic reasons. They’re just so pretty! I mean, just look at that yellow one. It’s a tomato rainbow! A Tomainbow, If you will.
I added some fresh herbs (big fresh herb guy) to this toast to jazz it up just a bit but if you want to leave it plain, that’s your call! If you do decide to herb it up, might I suggest chives and basil? Roughly chopping the chives and leaving the basil whole or tearing it into big pieces will look really pretty and instagram-y.
For the mayo, I’ll go with Hellmann’s if I’m feeling traditional or Vegenaise if I want something a little zestier.
And lastly, salt and pepper! Don’t be shy with the S & P. I used one of my favorite flaky sea salts and coarsely ground pepper.
And that’s it. Enjoy tomato season!
- Summer Tomato Toasts
5 MinutesCook Time
0 MinutesTotal Time
- Level: Easy
- Servings: 4
- 4 Slices of your favorite bread, toasted
- 2-3 Heirloom tomatoes of different colors, sliced
- Fresh chives, roughly chopped
- Fresh basil, torn
- Salt and pepper
- Swipe mayo on each piece of toasted bread. Next, arrange the different colored tomatoes on top. Season generously with salt and pepper and top with fresh herbs if using.
- Snap a quick photo, then devour!