This Ricotta Tomato Toast is one of the best ways to enjoy summer tomatoes! Just a few good quality ingredients help these summer flavors shine.
Sometimes a recipe is so simple, it's barely even a recipe- that's the case here! Only a couple ingredients, no measurements, just simple deliciousness.
*This post may contain affiliate links. See disclosure for further details.
For a recipe so simple, I cannot stress the importance of quality ingredients enough! You're going to want ripe, heirloom tomatoes (the ones shown in the picture are Brandywine tomatoes- they have a pink/coral color!), fresh bread, good olive oil, and some flaky sea salt. The salt and oil will bring out the best flavor of the tomatoes. All that combined with creamy ricotta- perfection!
I prefer whole milk ricotta to part skim because it's creamier, but you should choose whichever kind you like best!
I am partial to a good, hearty sourdough. If sourdough is not your thing, try ciabatta or any crusty Italian bread from the bakery section of your grocery store.
Technically no, but it's definitely best in the summer. Out of season tomatoes just don't compare to delicious summer heirloom tomatoes and there's nothing better than fresh basil in the summer!
You might also like
Ricotta Tomato Toast
- 1 Slice sourdough bread toasted
- 1 Garlic clove peeled
- Whole milk ricotta measure with your heart!
- Heirloom tomatoes sliced
- Good quality olive oil measure with your heart!
- Flaky salt such as Maldon
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Fresh basil
- Toast the bread, rub with a clove of garlic and then spread the ricotta on top. Layer the tomato slices over the ricotta and season with flaky salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil over the tomatoes and then top with fresh basil.
- Enjoy tomato season!
Leave a Reply