I’m obsessed with peaches right now, of course, because how can you not be during the Summer? And this is my favorite way to eat them! I don’t like to go all the way sweet, as you know, so I came up with the perfect combo of sweet, salty and spicy for this recipe.
Have you guys tried ‘nduja before? It’s a spicy spreadable pork that is so, so delicious! If you don’t have ‘nduja on your radar, you need to rectify that ASAP! I’m finding it easier and easier to get a hold of ‘nduja these days but If you can’t find it at a local Italian deli, Whole Foods or the farmer’s market, you can get it here on amazon. While you’ve got your hands on some of that tasty meat paste, you have to make my ‘nduja breakfast sandwiches as well. They are super easy!
Anyway, let’s get back to this recipe—which is also super easy, btw. Basically, we’re going to mix some ‘nduja with ricotta, spread it on toast, top it with grilled peaches, drizzle with honey, and sprinkle with flaky salt and fresh basil. Sound good?! Okay, go!
Okay, so maybe it’s a tiny bit more involved than that but not by much! Savor the last moments of summer with these toasts!
- Grilled Peach and 'Nduja Toast
5 MinutesCook Time
10 MinutesTotal Time
- Level: Easy
- Servings: 4
- 4 Slices of bread (preferably crusty Italian)
- 2 Peaches, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons ricotta
- 1 Tablespoon spreadable 'nduja
- 1 Teaspoon olive oil plus more for brushing
- 1 Garlic clove, smashed
- Fresh basil, torn
- Flaky salt (such as maldon)
- Heat an oiled grill pan over medium high heat and grill the peach slices; about 3 minutes on each side.
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta, nduja, and olive oil together.
- Toast the breads and brush with olive oil. Rub each piece of bread with the smashed garlic clove.
- Smear the nduja mixture on each toast, top with sliced peaches, fresh basil, a sprinkling of flaky salt and a drizzle of honey.
- Enjoy whilst listening to "Peaches" by The Presidents of the United States of America.