Say hello to your new favorite summertime burger! These Elote Burgers are bursting with fresh, summer flavors and juicy delicious beef. You're definitely going to want to try these!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of BUBBA burger. All opinions are 100% mine.
*This post may contain affiliate links. See disclosure for further details.
The best part about these burgers is how easy they are to make! The elote topping is quick and easy to whip up and it works so well with the juicy burgers. I love using BUBBA burgers because they're quick and delicious! They are cooked from frozen and are ready in under 10 minutes, so easy! I always keep a few boxes in my freezer. I used the Original burgers for this recipe, but you could use the Angus burgers as well! I cooked the burgers in my cast iron pan and they were perfect—juicy on the inside with a nice crust on the outside. Of course, you can grill them too if you prefer!
For the cheese, I went with brick cheese and it melted perfectly! Chihuahua or Monterey Jack would also be great for this recipe.
Now, let's talk about the topping! You've probably heard of elotes before. If not, elote is the name for a popular Mexican street food where corn is grilled and then slathered with mayo, cotija cheese, chili powder and lime. It's served on the cob. The burger topping is my spin on elotes, but off the cob and on the burger!
First you'll cook the fresh corn in a cast iron pan until it's softened and slightly charred. Then, remove the corn to a mixing bowl to combine with the rest of the ingredients. Then add the burgers to the same cast iron pan to cook. Bonus: you only have to clean one pan!
To cook the burgers, you'll add them (from frozen!) to the cast iron pan and cook the first side for about 5 minutes, then flip. You'll know it's time to flip the burgers when you see the juices forming on the patty. Once flipped, add your cheese and cook on the second side for another 5 minutes. That's it! Next, put the burgers on the buns and load up the elotes! You can add some avocado if you want, too. So good!
I know you're going to love these burgers as much as I do! Find more inspiration here!
You might also like
For the Elote topping
- 3 Cups fresh corn kernels (from about 4 ears of corn)
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- kosher salt to taste
- ½ Cup mayonnaise
- 1 4 Ounce can green chiles
- 3 Tablespoons cotija cheese
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ Teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 2 Green onions green parts only, thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro roughly chopped (optional)
- Jalapeño finely minced (optional)
For the Burgers
- 4 Original BUBBA Burgers frozen
- 4 Burger buns
- 8 Slices Brick, Chihuahua, or Monterey Jack cheese
- Avocado (optional)
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Make the elote topping. Heat the avocado oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add the corn, season with salt, and cook until softened and well charred; about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the corn to a large mixing bowl and add the mayo, green chiles, cheese, lime juice, green onions and chili powder. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Add the BUBBA burgers to the same cast iron pan and season with coarse salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes on the first side or until juices start to form on the patties. Flip the burgers and top with two slices of cheese each, cook for an additional 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160F.
- Place the burgers on the buns and pile on the elote topping.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!