Aquavit Bloody Mary
This Aquavit Bloody Mary is a fun switch up from your ordinary vodka Bloody Mary! Using aquavit in place of vodka gives this drink a delicious, herbal flavor.
For the Bloody Mary
- 14 Ounces tomato juice (about 2 cups)
- 6 Ounces aquavit (¾ cup)
- 1-2 Tablespoons prepared horseradish to taste
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon worcestershire
- 1 Teaspoon fresh dill finely minced
- ¼ Teaspoon kosher salt
For the rim
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill finely minced
- 2 Teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 Teaspoon celery salt
- ¼ Teaspoon ground black pepper
- Celery stalks
- Fresh dill sprigs
- Cooked shrimp chilled
- Pickled peppers (such as Peppadew)
In a pitcher or mason jar, combine all of the ingredients for the Bloody Marys and refrigerate until ready to use.
Prepare the glasses and garnishes. Mix the fresh dill, salt, and celery salt together on a small plate. Wet the rim of each glass with a lemon wedge and dip it into the dill mixture. Thread the chilled shrimp and pickled vegetables onto small skewers.
Fill the glasses with ice, pour the Bloody Mary mixture over the ice, and serve with garnishes.