Say hello to your new favorite summertime burger! These Elote Burgers are bursting with fresh, summer flavors and juicy delicious beef.
For the Elote topping
- 3 Cups fresh corn kernels (from about 4 ears of corn)
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- kosher salt to taste
- ½ Cup mayonnaise
- 1 4 Ounce can green chiles
- 3 Tablespoons cotija cheese
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ Teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 2 Green onions green parts only, thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro roughly chopped (optional)
- Jalapeño finely minced (optional)
For the Burgers
- 4 Original BUBBA Burgers frozen
- 4 Burger buns
- 8 Slices Brick, Chihuahua, or Monterey Jack cheese
- Avocado (optional)
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
Make the elote topping. Heat the avocado oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add the corn, season with salt, and cook until softened and well charred; about 10 minutes.
Transfer the corn to a large mixing bowl and add the mayo, green chiles, cheese, lime juice, green onions and chili powder. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
Add the BUBBA burgers to the same cast iron pan and season with coarse salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes on the first side or until juices start to form on the patties. Flip the burgers and top with two slices of cheese each, cook for an additional 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160F.
Place the burgers on the buns and pile on the elote topping.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!